Scottsdale, AZ 85260 US
Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced office where every day is different? A successful medical group is currently looking for a Radiology Technologist to join their team. Their motto is excellent team-oriented group, focused on employee and patient satisfaction
The role of the Radiology Technologist (Rad Tech) is to provide outstanding support to physicians and healthcare providers while providing exceptional care to patients and customers within the clinical scope of a Rad Tech. The Rad Tech performs a variety of patient care related tasks including preparation of patients, performance of diagnostic tests and completion of appropriate documentation. Rad Techs are responsible for ensuring the smooth operations in the fast-paced environment of the clinic with the goal of a positive patient experience with every encounter.
- Prep patient for diagnostic imaging exam, have patient undress and remove jewelry.
- Read doctor's notes as to why exam is being performed.
- Explain procedure to patient and ascertain if patient is claustrophobic.
- Position patients so that the parts of the body can be appropriately radiographed.
- Effective/efficient positioning and utilization of the C-Arm for all axial and peripheral procedures
- Surround the exposed area with radiation protection devices.
- Position radiographic equipment at the correct angle and height over the appropriate area of a patient's body.
- Measure the thickness of the section to be radiographed.
- Adjust controls on the x-ray machine to produce radiographs of the appropriate density, detail, and contrast of the body part.
- Selects proper ionizing factors for radiological diagnosis.
- Ability to lift and position patients for the type of X-ray procedure required. Maintain examination rooms. Stock necessary medical and radiologic supplies.
- GED or High School Education
- Associates degree in Radiology
- Knowledge of Radiology exam policies/ procedures
- Minimum one year or recent experience working in radiology
- National registration with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists. (ARRT) R Radiology
Schedule: Monday through Friday (7:30am to 5:30pm)