Registered Medical Assistant
San Antonio, TX 78221 US
Our client is dedicated to patient satisfaction and quality care. The ideal candidate will be a Certified/Registered Medical Assistant experienced, knowledgeable, and dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our patients. This person will assist our medical providers with physical examinations, carry out nursing treatments and perform other health care procedures according to provider's requests. This position is ideal for you, if you have a great work ethic, self-initiative, and passion for providing care.
- Provides a standard of excellence as it relates to customer service for patients and other customers.
- Prepares patient for examination.
- Performs other procedures including, but not limited to, EKGs, Holter monitors, stress test, PFT, dABI, WWE, wound care, flu/strep/HCG testing, glucose check/teaching, fit cards, unna boots, ear lavage, coaguchek, nebulizer and phlebotomy.
- Takes and records height, weight, temperature, respiration, blood pressure/pulse rate manual/LXI machine, and reviews medications.
- Prepares, organizes, sterilizes rooms, tools/equipment, and sets up medical equipment. Sterilizes instruments, properly disposes of contaminated materials, and prepares patient examination rooms to make sure they stay clean, neat and properly stocked.
- Reviews patient testing and examination results with medical providers.
- Inputs and monitors EMR records of patients during exam process.
- Administers medications, injections and immunizations, as ordered by provider.
- Completes administrative tasks such as taking, receiving and relating messages between providers, patients, and pharmacy.
- Completes necessary documents for patients care.
- Scans documents into patients' chart in eCW.
- Refills maintenance medications.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required
- Medical Assistant Certification
- CPR certification
- One year prior experience working as a Medical Assistant in a clinical environment
- Phlebotomy and/or Venipuncture certificate a plus!