Regulatory Compliance Coordinator
San Diego, CA 92121
The primary purpose of this position is to support the company s national regulatory compliance efforts by conducting research, analysis and review, preparing filings, reports, minutes and communications. Follows all guidelines, including project tracking, legislative research and record keeping practices. Note: The individual in this position is not intended to practice law or provide legal advice.
Location: Sorrento Valley - San Diego, CA 92121
Hours: Full Time, M-F (temp to hire)
- Bachelor s degree in English, Political Science, or Business related field; Paralegal or legal secretary certificate; or equivalent required. If equivalent experience, high school diploma required.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in regulatory compliance, legislative research and reporting.
- Proficient in MS Office, with intermediate knowledge of Word and Excel; and proficient in use of Internet/Intranet interfaces.
- Pass a Criminal Background Check
- Pass a Federal Drug Screening
95% Provides support with managing regulatory compliance concerns for projects as assigned by management. This may include assuming responsibility, with supervision by management, for a limited number of specific states or areas of compliance (e.g., federal regulations or Compliance Office concerns).
Researches, communicates, and coordinates regulatory compliance issues under direction of management and analysts as approved by management.
Conducts preliminary assessment of legislative session reviews and promulgation of regulations as requested by management. Reviews, assesses and determines impact of regulatory changes on business operations. Communicates such regulatory changes to organization through written communication.
Coordinates with various departments to obtain information necessary for regulatory filings and assists in resolving ad hoc compliance issues.
Prepares preliminary documents for regulatory filings within required deadlines; such filings include, but are not limited to, the following: license applications, license renewals, inquiry/complaint responses, annual reports, quarterly reports.
5% Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.