Resident Services Coordinator
San Diego, CA 92101
Resident Services Coordinator (Temp)- $26.35/hour
Our client is an innovative and compassionate provider of senior services and housing. They are in need of an experienced and passionate Resident Services Coordinator to join their team covering for a leave of absence.
Ensures that the medically related physical, emotional and psychosocial wellbeing of the residents are met and maintained including interaction and coordination with their families and/or significant others. Assists in the coordination of volunteer services within the facility, in conjunction with the Foundation Office and the Activities Coordinator.
- Plans, develops, organizes, implements evaluates, and performs the social services functions for the Plaza.
- Assists in developing, implementing and maintaining current policies and procedures not less than annually.
- Ensures facility compliance with current federal and state regulations as they pertain to the social services of the Villa by keeping current with all regulations and rules as well as professional standards of practice.
- Provides resource information to the resident/family to assist them in decision-making and placement.
- Maintains confidentiality of all client/resident interactions.
- Performs one-to-one counseling and group work, crisis intervention and support with residents and families.
- Conducts once a week, or more often if necessary, resident evaluation meetings with PSU and Administrator.
- Maintains a current resource file and utilizes as needed.
- Coordinates special needs of residents with families and outside resources.
- Visits current residents in hospital to check on condition and future discharge planning. Attends discharge-planning conferences if appropriate.
- Schedules and coordinates new resident orientations, hospitality committee and Resident s Association.
- Assists in the development, recruiting, training , and coordination of the Plaza s volunteer program, in conjunction with the Foundation office and the Activity Coordinator.
- Assists with special projects as requested. Perform other duties as may be assigned by facility Administrator or CEO. May be required to perform social service activity at other St. Paul s facilities when needed.
- Must present self in a neat and professional manner. Must be courteous in dealing with residents, families, staff or others.
- Must be able to communicate with, be interested in, and have compassion for the elderly. Must have good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must be able to work as a member of the interdisciplinary health care team. Must possess organizational skills to meet deadlines and goals. Able to maintain professional composure under sometimes-stressful conditions.
- Must be computer literate sufficient to perform all tasks required of Electronic Medical Records (EMR) system. Able to work with word processing and spreadsheet application software.
- A Bachelors and/or Masters degree in Social Work or a related field.
- Experienced in group work and individual counseling.
- Must have a minimum of two years in a geriatric setting, preferably residential care for the elderly.
- Must understand federal, state and local regulations pertaining to residential care and Resident Rights.
- Will occasionally be required to lift, carry, push or pull objects up to 20 pounds. On a consistent basis, will need to perform such functions as walking standing, climbing stairs, bending kneeling and stooping. Standing may be frequently prolonged.
- On occasion may be required to reach above shoulders. Frequently will need to perform more moderately difficult manipulative skills such as assisting residents, keyboarding, filing and driving.
Schedule: Full-time M-F, fairly regular business hours
Status: Temporary (4-6 months)