Chicago, IL 60654 US
As a Scrub Technician, you are an essential member of the surgical team. This well-established groups provides healthcare for women, men, and families. They are seeking a Scrub Technician to join their team!
You prepare and organize the operating room equipment, instruments and supplies as required for various surgical procedures. During the surgery, you anticipate the surgeon and patient needs. You are adept in setting up the sterile and sanitary environment, and maintaining the sterile field for the patient during procedures. Following relevant safety and sanitation guidelines is in your nature. Your communication and collaborative skills are essential as you work with the healthcare team to assure all procedures run smoothly. You keep concise, accurate, count of the sponges, needles, and other materials used after each layer of closure. You enjoy the camaraderie of being part of a great team and feel good about providing excellent care for surgical patients during a vulnerable time!
QUALIFICATIONS FOR A SURGICAL TECH
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Current surgical technician certificate required
- 1 - 2 years' experience working as a Scrub Technician
- Continuing in-services and educations program required
- Current Basic Life Support certificate required
- Ability to interact comfortably with a high volume of patients, families, and staff in a stressful environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of operation and maintenance of equipment and supplies located in the operating room
We are seeking a professional individual with attention to detail, ability to work at a fast pace and service-oriented. And you must have excellent organizational and communication skills.