Sr. Coordinator Regulatory Compliance
Carmel, IN 46032
The primary purpose of this position is to support the company s national regulatory compliance efforts by conducting research, analysis and review, preparing filings, reports, minutes and communications. Follows all guidelines, including project tracking, legislative research and record keeping practices. Note: The individual in this position is not intended to practice law or provide legal advice.
Pay: $15 - 21/hr Based on exprience
Location: Carmel, IN
Schedule: Full Time, M-F 8am - 5pm
- Bachelor s degree in English, Health Policy, Political Science, or Business related field. If equivalent experience, high school diploma required.
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience in regulatory compliance, legislative research and reporting.
- Proficient in MS Office, with intermediate knowledge of Word and Excel; and proficient in use of Internet/Intranet interfaces.
- Must pass criminal background check and drug screening
95% Provides support with managing regulatory compliance concerns for projects as assigned by management. This may include assuming responsibility, with supervision by management, for a limited number of specific states or areas of compliance (e.g., federal regulations or Compliance Office concerns).
- Researches, communicates, and coordinates regulatory compliance issues under direction of management and analysts as approved by management.
- Conducts preliminary assessment of legislative session reviews and promulgation of regulations as requested by management. Reviews, assesses and determines impact of regulatory changes on business operations. Communicates such regulatory changes to organization through written communication.
- Coordinates with various departments to obtain information necessary for regulatory filings and assists in resolving ad hoc compliance issues.
- Prepares preliminary documents for regulatory filings within required deadlines; such filings include, but are not limited to, the following: license applications, license renewals, inquiry/complaint responses, annual reports, quarterly reports.
- Assists with the coordination of departmental projects as assigned by management, including ongoing status reports to management.
- Performs basic research, analysis and summarization of regulatory compliance issues, as directed by management.
- Maintains and updates departmental logs, procedures and files as directed by management.
- Photocopies, files, scans and faxes as needed to support job responsibilities, and maintains electronic files for assigned state filings, including follow up of license/certification.
- Prepares agendas, minutes for department and company meetings as directed by management.
- Assists with the coordination and documentation of action items and department reports related to assigned projects and meeting coordination.
- With supervision from management, provides preliminary or basic communications regarding regulatory compliance issues verbally and in writing, primarily with internal contacts.
- Represents the company in an ethical, professional, and positive manner and complies with all company policies and procedures.
- Maintains confidentiality of all company information and uses discretion in discussing regulatory compliance issues with internal and external contacts.
- Maintains computer and system skills necessary to perform job functions.
- Strictly adheres to department administrative guidelines including, but not limited to, guidelines regarding project tracking and record keeping practices.