We are seeking a Staff Accountant with 2 - 4 years of professional experience digesting and computing high volumes of data, managing and processing financial info, and a demonstrated expertise with Excel. This position works in close collaboration with our VP of Finance, Controller, and managing multiple money-related projects including journal entry prep, account recon, and the organization's general financial reporting. You will be the go-to financial expert for day-to-day operations and this position is located in Pasadena.
What you will be doing:
Participating in all activities related to full-cycle accounting, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, creating journal entries, reconciling general ledger accounts, and researching and resolving item discrepancies
Analyzing transactions to identify and correct inaccuracies
Performing monthly accrual analyses and comply with internal controls
Maintaining a tight monthly reporting schedule and developing and maintaining multiple audit schedules
Communicating with the management team to keep them in the loop about important fiscal goings-on
Staff Accountant Skills & Qualifications:
- 7+ years of accounting experience
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures and principles
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
- BS degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant
Pay: $29 31.00 an hour. Long term temp through the end of the year.