Surgery Coder - Inpatient Coder 50-60k
Salt Lake City, UT 84093
Surgery Coder - Inpatient Coder 50-60k + and open for discussion.
This is a lucrative income opportunity to work with an organization that is dynamic and consistently growing, offering long-term prosperous careers for its dedicated team members.
We are a leader in providing tailored Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) solutions that positively affect the bottom line of forward-thinking hospitals across the nation. ‘Together’ is precisely how we approach each partnership. Providing full Hospital Revenue Cycle Management… Patient Access Management, Medical Billing, Medical Surgery Coding, Medical Coding, Denials Management and AR Follow up. We work tirelessly ‘with’ our clients to understand their exact needs, and ‘together’ implement appropriate solutions to accomplish desired objectives.
Our environment is one of thinkers, problem solvers, and true contributors to their own success and the success and growth of the company. We are looking for individuals that don’t want to be micromanaged, that take true interest and ownership and want to make an impact on the growth of the company and their future success. Working closely and directly with the senior management team, you will have an opportunity to learn and expand your knowledge as well as your personal and professional development!
Hospital Surgery Coder - Inpatient Medical Coder
We are looking for a qualified Medical Surgery Coder to join our team. This person will be responsible for inpatient and outpatient coding for various hospital clients around the U.S. Our culture is a fast paced entrepreneurial environment requiring an individual with flexible skills and approach.
Key Responsibilities Medical Coder:
- Abides by the Standards of Ethical Surgery Coding as set forth by AHIMA and AAPC
- Ability to effectively utilize computerized encoder and/or other technologies (3M)
- Ability to read, decipher and analyze all aspects of medical record documentation for accurate coding
- Participates in orientation training activities and review materials for clients
- Ability to troubleshoot minor technical issues
- Computer skills to include Microsoft Office suite
- Communicate with multiple provider types, payers, and staff for education regarding coding, compliance, and reimbursement issues.
- American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) or (AAPC) recognized certification such as: Certified Professional Coder (CPC), Certified Professional Coder-Hospital (CPC-H), Certified Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA), Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) (CCS) Certified Coding Specialist. (CIS) with AAPC can also be considered.
- Demonstrated knowledge of clinical documentation requirements related to regulatory and reimbursement rules and regulations, reimbursement systems (federal, state and payer specific), and health insurance processing is required.
- Two years of Surgery coding experience inpatient coding understanding (DRG) principles Diagnosis related grouping, (E&M) evaluation management, on facility side and Professional Services side (physician), ICD-10-PCS procedure code systems.
- 2+ years Surgery Coding
- Working as an Inpatient or Outpatient Coder in an acute care facility, trauma center or teaching facility a plus
- Experience in outpatient facility and professional coding a plus
- Knowledge of ICD-9 / ICD-10 CM and DRG coding principles and applications as they relate to acute care hospital coding, clinic coding, and grouping, etc.
- ICD-10 Certified preferred