Surgical Technician - Ambulatory $26/HR
Draper, UT 84020
Surgical Technician - OR Tech $26/HR
Join this highly-recognized Ambulatory Surgery Center that operates jointly with 130+ surgery centers across the United States. Their facilities have been recognized as one of World s Most Admired Companies in the Health Care Medical Facilities Industry by Fortune Magazine.
Surgeries are Monday-Friday which means no nights, no weekends, or on-call will be required. The size of our surgery centers naturally creates a dynamic family friendly work culture with a shared focus on providing the best possible experience for those that we serve.
We are looking for a Surgical Technician to join our team!
- Surgical Technician OR Technician $20-$26.HR
- Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loan Repayment Program
- Full Medical, Dental, Life, Disability and Vision Insurance
- 401k (3%-9% match based on tenure)
- Family Leave and PTO
- Employee Stock, Purchase Plan, Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Discount
- Demonstrates necessary practical, technical, or specialized skills required for the role of the surgical technician in accordance with AST (Association of Surgical Technologist).
- Be knowledgeable of surgical procedures to enable proper performance of scrub duties and to anticipate the needs of the surgeon.
- Assists in preparing the operative suite for surgery by checking and gathering supplies, equipment, and instruments
- Assists with patient upper endoscopy, gastroscopy, endoscopy, endoscopic ultrasound (EUS), endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP), colonoscopy, and sigmoidoscopy.
- Assists with patient positioning, skin preparation, and surgical draping according to surgeon s protocol.
- Assists with application of dressing splints and casts, ensures that surgical asepsis is maintained in the
- handling of instruments, sponges, sutures, drains, needles, and dressings.
- Prep O.R. suites between cases, disposing of trash and linens, and cleaning of equipment and environmental surfaces, as required.
- Prepare procedure room for use the following day by bringing in equipment, setting up, "pulling cases" accurately, and reporting to supervisor items that are needed and not available.
- One year of experience in an operating room setting (preferably in an ambulatory surgery center).
- Specialties preferred, Urology, Gastroenterology, Orthopedic, ENT or General Surgery.
- Graduate of an accredited Surgical Technology program as required.
Join our team! Apply today at jobs.medicalprofessionals.com