San Diego, CA 92121
Job Summary: The primary function of this position is to complete verification of practitioner credentials according to department standards, accreditation standards, regulatory requirements, and health plan expectations.
- Responsible to obtain information to verify new applicants and participating providers according to department standards:
- Verifies with the appropriate agencies that the applicant has a current and valid license.
- Communicates with practitioners by mail, fax, or phone to answer questions and obtain information.
- Verifies whether an applicant has full or limited/partial clinical privileges by contacting the facility.
- Maintains confidentiality of all practitioner data, and related issues.
- Completes assigned work within predetermined timelines.
- Provides teamwork and assistance to all department staff, including participating in special projects and related credentialing assignments.
- High School diploma or higher education required
- Minimum of 30 words per minute
- Excellent customer service skills, with experience making outbound calls and meeting expectations for productivity and accuracy required.
- Must pass a 7 year criminal background check and pass drug screen.
Schedule: Monday to Friday